- This event has passed.
Paddle the Humber Event
PADDLE THE HUMBER WITH DRAGONS ABREAST TORONTO
Join us for this great event during one the best months of the year to support this water adventure fundraiser for Dragons Abreast, Toronto’s original breast cancer survivors dragon boat team. Come experience a natural adventure in the heart of our city. Take a moment and spot the wildlife from your kayak, canoe or paddle board as we paddle the Humber River and take in all that Humber Bay has to offer. A fun day for friends, family or colleagues!
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2019
- Please arrive at the Toronto Adventures location for an arrival time 10:00 a.m.
- Experienced Toronto Adventures guide will be on the water with us to make sure we enjoy our paddle
- Purchase your boat and have lunch with us. If you cannot do both, come for a paddle or just lunch
- This is for a beginners level and up
- Paddle starts at 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- You will get to select your PFD (life jacket) and paddle. All included in your registration including brief instructions and tips from experienced Toronto Adventures guides.
Book your boat online here: https://dragons-abreast-inc.square.site/ Do not miss your preferred boat. Book early!
2019 PADDLE THE HUMBER boat selection
Available boats Type of boat No. of seats per boat Cost of Rental – 1 Seat Purchase
14 Single Kayak 1 Paddler $50.00 Adult / $30.00 Child
4 Tandem Kayak 2 Paddlers $50.00 Adult / $30.00 Child
8 Regular Canoe 2 Paddlers $50.00 Adult / $30.00 Child
3 Large Canoe 3 Paddlers $50.00 Adult / $30.00 Child
4 Stand-Up Paddleboards Single $40.00
*Dragons Abreast is a Non-profit organization and consequently does not charge HST.
*Child Rate is for children age 15 and under.
Continue your day’s experience. Quench your thirst, and that built-up appetite from paddling in the great outdoors. Jump on our all-inclusive ride to lunch at Firkin On The Bay at picturesque lakeside on the Humber Bay. Bus pickup at Kings Mill park for 12.45pm and return times of 3.30pm and 4.45 pm. *If we have a capacity of over 56 a second pickup will be arranged.
- Chow down
- Enjoy the beautiful scenery
- Win prizes, gift cards, paddle bag, gift baskets
Select your lunch item online https://dragons-abreast-inc.square.site/
Paddle the Humber Lunch Menu – All items below are $20.00 pp (tax& gratuities included)
- Beef Shepherd’s Pie w/ gravy and green beans
- Beef Burger w/lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle and burger sauce – choice of fries or mixed green salad
- Lightlife plant based burger w/ lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle& burger sauce – choice of fries or mixed green salad
- Pesto Chicken Club on Multigrain w/arugula, tomato, bacon & pesto mayo – choice of fries or mixed green salad
Dragons Abreast thanks you for your support. You paddle with us, so we can continue our paddling journey to send a message of hope, inspiration and encouragement to Breast Cancer survivors everywhere. We paddle a ‘dragon’ boat as a symbol of our survivorship and strength. Paddling is both challenging and gratifying, in so doing, we achieve our personal best in the hope of empowering and inspiring others who are going through this life changing journey.
Thank you to our generous partners Toronto Adventures and Firkin on the Bay, for making this awesome fundraising event possible https://torontoadventures.ca/ https://www.firkinpubs.com/firkinonthebay/
WHAT TO BRING
- Dress for the weather!
- Wear footwear you don’t mind possibly getting Wet & Muddy.
- Sunscreen, Sunglasses & Hats, are all recommended for sunny days! Something to secure your Shades so they don’t fall in and sink!
- Government Issued Photo ID to be left as a deposit.
- Don’t forget your Cameras! Our Hashtags to be used for Social Media are #PaddletheHumberDA #DragonsAbreastTO #TorontoAdventures #FirkinOnTheBay #HumberBay #HumberRiver
TTC A 5-minute walk from Old Mill TTC Station you don’t even need a vehicle! Exit the station. Turn left and walk to Bloor St. At Bloor St. turn left again. Walk to the bridge going over the Humber River. On your left, take the stairs leading down to the Humber Valley. We will be on the west bank of the Humber River under the Bloor Street bridge/over-pass and under the Old Mill TTC subway station. You will see us in the parking lot 200 metres from the stairs, straight ahead.
Kings Mill Park is located on the East Side of the Old Mill Inn & Spa. This street runs South into Kings mill Park. Go all the way to the end of the parking lot and you will see our boats and staff.
Additional free parking is available on the east side of the Humber River at the Etienne Brule Park, which is across the pretty bridge near the Old Mill Inn & Spa. After parking your car at the Etienne Brule park, you would have to walk back towards the Old Mill Inn and Spa, across the bridge heading to the west side of the Humber River and turn left into the street leading south into Kings mill Park just before you reach the Old Mill Inn and Spa. Note: There are Poles available close by to lock bicycles.